From Uvita and surroundings | Duration: 2-3 hours
An exotic haven for birds of many colors and of innumerable species within a diverse and tropical habitat.
- Rancho La Merced National Wildlife Refuge is home to a great variety of birds. 310 Species have been spotted in the refuge and surrounding habitats. Since 1971, the conservation of diverse natural habitats found in the Refuge has attracted many birds, mammals, insects, and reptiles who have found a sanctuary for feeding and reproduction in the rainforest, the wetlands, and the mangroves.
- The trails crossing different habitats give you the opportunity to observe a great number of species of birds maximizing your birding experience in Costa Rica.
- Its proximity to the beach and the Ballena Marine National Park will also give you the chance to observe some interesting sea shore species.
- Our guides will take you on an incredible half day walk helping you spot the numerous birds found in the refuge while explaining their behavior and sharing with you other valuable information of this neotropical sanctuary.
- It is quite common to spot about 50 to 60 species in a morning, and who knows, you might add a new species to La Merced’s list!
|Estimated tour time: ½ día – 2-3 horas
|Minimum 2 person
|Price: $45 per person