From San José | Duration: 3-4 hours
Feel the adrenaline rushing as you rappel down a waterfall, zip through the trees, and inch your way along a swaying hanging bridge.
- Canyoning has become very popular with extreme sport fans all over the world. This sport has been practiced in Europe for many years and has recently extended to the Americas. Canyoning is specifically practiced in the natural setting of canyons. This activity involves rappelling and descending cliffs and waterfalls within the canyon.
- Our Canyoning site is located in Calle Chirraca, a small, modest, yet lush place near our own Turrialba. We begin the canyoning tour with an introduction of our guides and the equipment to help familiarize you with the different uses of the equipment. We start the tour at the first waterfall where a guide will give instruction on safety.
- The guide will explain the course and the equipment making sure you are informed about the necessary mechanisms, as well as the procedures for canyoning, thus ensuring you a safe and fun experience. After this, your 3-4 hour adventure will begin: rappelling down four waterfalls, zip lining along four canopy cables, and walking across a 132 foot hanging bridge, all of which will give you an unforgettable adrenaline rush!
- No previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
- Age limit: 8 years old. For children under 8 years old, please inquire about our special Canyoning for Kids!
- Recommended Clothing: T-shirt; shorts or pants (no jeans); swimsuit; sandals with straps, tennis, or hiking shoes; sunscreen; and insect repellent. Extra clothes and towel will be needed at the end of the tour.
|Price: $135 p/persona
|Duration: 3-4 hours aprox.
|From 8:45 AM to 13:30 PM
|Minimum of 4 people
||Morning tours – lunch
||Afternoon tours – snack