From San José | Duration: 5 hours
A combination of zip lining, hiking, and rappelling culminating with a panoramic view of the Central Valley.
- This adventure ride over the treetops is of approximately 4 hours on fourteen cables suspended high above the forest trails with the help and supervision of highly qualified and professional staff.
- When we arrive at the starting point, we will have a training session at the Canopy School before beginning our adventure which consists of 1800 meters of cable divided in 10 platforms from different distances. We will carry high tech equipment which is renovated constantly to ensure its perfect condition. Between these platforms, we will do some rappelling and hike on two paths, one of 200 meters and the other of 300 meters.
- This tour will be conducted in the hills of Carpintera where there are both, primary and secondary forests where can be found a diversity of vegetation and more than 187 species of birds, a variety of mammals, and exuberant fauna.
- The experience ends with a snack at our Hacienda Chirraca restaurant where you will have a panoramic view of the Central Valley, the Poas and Irazu Volcanoes, and the hill of the Las Tres Marias. We will share the highlights of the trip and view videos showing your performance.
- ***Recommended Clothing: Long pants, Mountain hiking shoes, Bug repellent, Sun block lotion or a hat.
|Price: $75 p/person
||Round trip transportation
|Duration: 5 hours aprox.
||Canopy tour with equipment and guide
- 19 Platforms
- 13 cables, the longest being 450 meters
- 2 Rappellings (1.35 & 2.6 meters)